Instagram

Thursday, June 6, 2013

finding yourself while expressing yourself


In the few months that I've been fashion blogging, I feel I've come a long way with my confidence. I never liked being in front of a camera. Honestly, I still don't, but I'm making peace with it. I enjoy putting outfits together and expressing myself and if this is a way to do that I'll make it happen. One thing that has become more obvious to me lately is that I need to find a way to express my personal style in every post. OK, so maybe its not going to appeal to everyone. Maybe this outfit doesn't show off curves or look extremely exciting.. but you know what? It's who I am, and that's what this is all about. 
I don't mean to get all preachy or anything. I bring this up because earlier this morning I was wearing a different top. If you follow my IG account you will see it. It's a super cute Nasty Gal sweetheart crop top. I absolutely love it. BUT, I wouldn't wear it with this skirt or to work (which I was headed to immediately after the shoot). Who knows why I chose to put this together. When we were finished I threw on this top (my favorite new vintage top from Afterlife Boutique) and was just about to head out the door when my hubs Robby was like "Why aren't you taking a photo with that top? That's totally you". He had a really good point. This outfit was more "Lucille". I decided I should post this on the blog instead. It just made more sense. So we took some photos QUICKLY before I ran to the bus. 
Hope you enjoy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment