Instagram

Friday, May 24, 2013

Am I Still Ill?


I have gone through many fashion phases in my life. My friend Tiff recently said I remind her of Madonna- her style is constantly changing but she can always pull it off. This was a HUGE compliment to me. Because of my introvert nature and recent relocation, sometimes I won't see friends for months at a time, and I know they must think I'm absolutely nuts when I see them again and my look has made a 180 AGAIN. I've been insecure about it for years but I'm finally starting to embrace the inner voice that says "Yeah, and I don't give a sh!t". Life is about constant evolution anyway, right?
That being said, I always love to look back at past looks I've worn and tried to do them again but with a modern twist. When I recently began working with Still Ill Vintage I received an awesome care package with, among other pieces, one vintage crop top that had me humming Stray Cats. Believe me, in college the neo-rockabilly/psychobilly style was my jam. Red lips, docs, leopard and band shirts (that's actually when I purchased the Cramps tee worn in a previous post). I was stoked to bring some of my old inspirations back to life with this gingham halter top. I mean I haven't worn gingham in about six years so I was like "Ahh! I have to do this right! What do I wear with this?!"
Looking back at past inspirations, and completely ignoring a stupid (emphasis on stupid) fashion rule I've had over the past few years- I decided to mix prints. I used to do this constantly in fashion school- I was pretty ballsy back then. I thought leopard could go with ANYTHING and I'm ready to embrace that thought process once again.
So here's my take on an old favorite! Hope you enjoy!




Crop top, Sunnies c/o Still Ill Vintage; Button down, Leopard Jeggings - Forever 21, Boots- Docs

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7598671/?claim=qadm3pytfxp">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment