Instagram

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Spring Breakers


Hey there! I have just returned from an amazing and relaxing vacation in Cancun, Mexico! Honestly, I think this was the best vacation I've ever had. Rob and I stayed on the strip which I thought would be super packed, but thank goodness we booked during the weekdays and a bit late in the season because it was really empty, quiet, and just so darn beautiful. The only sad thing is I just couldn't get many outfit posts done! For one it was ridiculously hot and humid, so nothing except a t-shirt and shorts felt natural and secondly, the thought of anything I "had" to do was just not in my agenda. I wanted to sit and drink margaritas all day! This is pretty much true for 2/3 of the trip. 

On our first day we reserved one of these super comfy beach front beds and just sunbathed, read and played for most of the day. It was fabulous. 


 (Teal Swimsuit: American Apparel ; Sunnies: Still Ill Vintage

On our second day, we jumped on a bus and traveled to Yucatan to see one of the seven wonders of the world- the Mayan ruins at Chichen Itza. This was actually my second visit (I went about 10 years ago with my mama) but I think I enjoy history far more these days and was just blown away by the tour. Our guide, Antonio, was fabulous- we learned so much about Mayan culture, technology and religion. If you happen to make it to Cancun, you must visit these ruins! 



The weather (as always) was incredibly hot! As a nice refresher at the end of the tour, we were driven to one of several sink holes surrounding Chichen Itza. I'm not the strongest swimmer (and the water is over 150 ft deep!) so I didn't jump in, but enjoyed a mango paleta instead :)


(Overalls- e-bay, Daisy top & Sunnies - Still Ill Vintage 





Third day in Cancun? Yup, we sunbathed and drank margaritas.. again. It was AMAZING. 






(Floral Bikini - Mercy Vintage, Lolita Sunnies - Still Ill Vintage)


On the last night we ate Brazilian food on the beach and danced the night away to cheesy pop music and 20 year old hip-hop. More to come with these amazing Still Ill Vintage pieces featured below! Hot, sweaty, dancy nights equal one good photo ;-P 

(Complete outfit: Still Ill Vintage)

1 comment:

  1. Love these photos! So jealous of you two... we will have to come with the next time around!

    ReplyDelete